Deferred Action is a new policy and form of relief that can provide some undocumented aliens a temporary status in the United States if they were brought to the U.S. at a young age by their parents.
There are some requirements for applying for deferred action and you may benefit from the assistance of experienced immigration attorneys.
Exactly what is Deferred Action?
On June 15, 2012, the USA Department of Homeland Security (DHS) declared that particular little people who meet certain requirements are a reduced enforcement concern, as well as could obtain
Deferred Action. It is expected that beyond a thousand illegal aliens currently in the United States will certainly be qualified for deferred activity.
Deferred activity will definitely allow those little ones who were brought to the United States at a little age by their parents unlawfully.
The course will let those little people getting employment authorization documents (work licenses) for a two-year duration as well as will definitely allow for revivals as long as disorders continue to be the very same.
Exactly what are the Demands for Deferred Action
In order to here are some of the requirements of the Deferred Action Program:
- Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
- Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
- Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
- Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;
- Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, or your lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012;
- Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and
- Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.
You could find the requirements on the USCIS Deferred Activity page
Possible Complications with Deferred Activity
Deferred Action is an excellent course that the Obama Administration has actually put together as a stopgap to an outdated immigration system.
It offers young illegal immigrants that were delivered by their parents as well as not at fault a chance to stay in the U.S.A legitimately and without being in the shadows.
Immigration is an incredibly powerful and also political subject issue in the U.S.A right currently. The future path of immigration will certainly be figured out by the hobby of political celebrations.
Meaning, we are uncertain exactly how long future administrations will certainly respect as well as preserve this show.
The determination as to just what criminal offenses will have an outcome on deferred activity and in particular what a substantial misdemeanor breach or exactly how many “several misdemeanors” will definitely trigger incompetency.
For this reason, it might be advised that you consult with an immigration attorney to view if you qualify for deferred activity as well as whether it is right for you.
Call today and schedule an online or telephonic assessment.