Green Card is the card issued by Government of United States as Permanent Resident Card. It is known as Green Card, being green in previous versions. It serves as a U.S. Government attested identification Card for an alien signifying the permanent resident status. It also serves as a cogent evidence for that its holder is eligible for all the formally given immigration advantages including permanent stay status.
The card is legally issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (U.S.C.I.S.), an Integral part of Department of Homeland Security (D.H.S.).
A Non- U.S. citizen who has applied for green card and still under pending status, can prevail one of the two crucial permits
- Temporary Work Permit called Employment Authorization Document (EAD), that allows the outsider to work in the US
- Temporary Travel Document called Advance Parole, that facilitates an outsider to re-enter in US
U.S. immigration laws in INA (Immigration and Nationality Act) specifies that a non-citizen may receive LPR (Lawful Permanent Resident) Status principally through a course of following proceedings
- Immigration via family member
- Immigration via employment
- Immigration via investment
- Immigration via “Diversity Lottery”
- Immigration via Refugee or Asylum status
- Immigration via “The Registry” provision of the INA
We would like to take an opportunity here to explore the types of Immigration via Employment and their eligibilities
- EB-1 Multi-National Executives: This is first category of Employment based Immigration Visa, given to the non-citizens having extra ordinary abilities in sciences, arts, education, businesses athletes, researchers, professors with international recognition
- EB-2 Advanced Degree Professionals: This category is applicable to people having advanced degrees, like Ph.D, Post Graduation etc
- EB-3 Skilled Workers: Applicable to skilled professionals and workers
- EB-4 Religious Workers:Applicable to special Immigrants like ministers, religious workers etc.
- EB-5 Investments: For investors
Beside these categories, we would to provide information on following topics, which may be advantage, the readers, at least now days after the declaration of Mr. Obama of not to try for outsourcing for employers –
Labor Certification a concept of U.S Immigration. Where, if an employer tries to employ Non-US Worker permanently, he has to process the Green card for the employer. And Labor Certification is the initial and crucial step of that process. Where employer has to assure US Govt. that they couldn’t find even minimally qualified U.S candidate suitable for that position.
To be aware of Green Card Renewal process is as important as knowing how to get Green card, as it should always be current and renewed. Expired Green Card holders may be stopped entering in U.S.
Please go through the detailed pages for more information about acquiring Lawful Permanent Residence or a Green Card, or contact our immigration lawyers today.