H-1B Occupation List

The H-1B Occupation List


One of the ways that individuals that have expertise in particular occupations to be allowed to live and work in the United States is through a H-1B visa. The following are the occupations that are covered under the H-1B visa.


  • Information Technology or Computer Professionals;
  • University level professors and teachers, be it elementary, secondary or college levels;
  • Engineers;
  • Healthcare Workers, such as Nurses, Physicians, Surgeons, Psychologists and Dentists;
  • Accountants;
  • Financial Analysts;
  • Management Consultants;
  • Lawyers and Foreign Law advisors;
  • Architects;
  • Scientists;
  • System Analysts;
  • Journalist and Editors, such as Technical Publication writers;
  • Market Research Analysts


In order to qualify for such a visa, there must be a sponsoring employer for the particular occupation. After satisfying all the requirements, the applicant must provide evidence of qualification, such as academic achievement as well as years of experience.

If you have further questions about the H-1B visa occupation list or would like assistance with learning more about whether your occupation is covered under an H-1B visa, contact or schedule a consultation with our immigration attorneys today.