Investment Visas

Investment Visas

For investors seeking for an entry in US by way of making investments, US have plenty of options available. Investment Visas are issued by the government of US for those investors who want to invest a handsome amount of money in any business or region of US.

Obtaining a visa to settle in the United States, based on financial investment, requires the immigrant to apply for one of three varieties of visa. The E1 Trade investment visa has been designed to serve the needs of business owners, business managers, investors and employees who are required to stay in the US concerning projects which are comprised in trade between the US and the treaty countries. The E-2 Investment visa is for members of treaty nations, as defined by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), who make substantial investments in holdings based in the United States. Regional Center and EB-5 Investment Visa Green Cards are for those immigrant investors who are establishing new businesses in a particular government approved region and investing in businesses with the purpose of creating jobs in the US. Both visas are temporary visas, which may lead to Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) status.

A brief look at the US Investment Visa types:

E-1 Trade Investment Visa: The main ideology behind the E1 Trade Investment visa is to bring into effect reciprocal economic benefits for the US and the treaty countries. The interested substantial investors from the treaty countries with this visa can establish businesses in the US triggering off a continuous exchange of goods and services between the US and the treaty countries.

Considering the requirements for getting this visa the first and foremost is that the applicant must be a national of a treaty country. It is also important that the applicant must be employed in a supervisory or executive capacity, or possesses highly specialized skills essential to the efficient operation of the firm. The trade must be principally between the US and the treaty country, which is defined to mean that more than 50 percent of the international trade involved must be between the US and the country of the applicant’s nationality. It must be noted that ordinary skilled or unskilled workers do not qualify for getting this visa.

E-2 Investment Visa: This visa allows the applicant to have a status of a nonimmigrant foreign investor who is coming to the United States to carry on substantial trade. This visa is issued to the applicant whose country has signed a treaty of commerce and navigation or bilateral agreements with US. The applicant is allowed to enter US for the purpose of directing and developing the operations of an enterprise they have invested in, or are in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital. The trade can be of any type including trade in technology, services or products.

Regional Center and EB-5 Investment Visa Green Cards: The applicant has to invest an amount of $500,000 into a Government approved Regional Center in order to qualify for this visa. The benefit with this visa is that the applicant and his whole family becomes eligible for the getting the lawful permanent resident status. Another benefit is that the holder of this visa will have the flexibility to take any job, run any business, retire and live anywhere in the USA.