Do you want to go abroad and perform? Look for USA Citizenships for visa help!
Generally, O visa is a nonimmigrant visa available to foreign nationals who have “extraordinary ability“in sciences, arts, education, business, or athletic fields. It takes a person with extraordinary ability duly recognized nationally and internationally to avail of O visa.
The following classifications are available for O visa:
- O-1 visa – is available to individuals with extraordinary ability recognized not only on the national level, but more importantly, on the international level. In motion pictures and television, they are those who put into record “extraordinary achievements.” The definition necessarily includes those individuals who especilized in arts and creative fields like photographers, artists, chefs, carpenters, and lecturers. This group of individuals comes to the United States to work or perform in his or her field of expertise with extraordinary ability.
- O-1A visa – is for individuals with extraordinary ability in science, education, business, or athletic fields.
- O-1B visa – is for individuals with extraordinary ability in the arts or entertainment like the movie and television industries.
- O-2 visa – is for the O1 dependents accompanying the O-1 applicants to assist the artist or performer in an event or show. For an O-1A, the O-2’s support must be “necessary” as an integral part of the O-1A’s performance. For an O-1B, the O-2’s support must be “essential” to the completion of the O-1B’s production. The O-2 worker has that special collaborated performance with O visa applicant that cannot be readily performed by any U.S. worker constituting the entire package for a successful performance.
- O-3 visa – refers to the visa application intended for the dependents of O visa and O-2 visa applicants who must be the spouse or children below the age of 21. The dependents must only present proof of family relationship with O-1 or O-2. Dependents may not engage in any employment, but may attend school or college.
Extraordinary ability: Meaning
O visa applicants come to the U.S. to perform temporary services for an American employer or an agent of an international employer or participate in a specific event or events specifically produced to show your extraordinary ability with distinction. The O visa is limited only to those individuals who have shown a high level of ability and uniqueness that makes him superior from all other workers or performers. Artists and entertainers must show some degree of skills and ability truly recognized by award giving bodies and distinguished associations or institutions in the entertainment industry.
USA Citizenships for O visa help
Due to the multifaceted requirements of O visa, proof of your individual qualities and extraordinary abilities is your key to enter the U.S. With USA Citizenships imigration attoneys, you will be briefed on matters concerning immigration issues and adviced on “what to do” and “what not to do” to avoid denial of your visa application. For more information log on to www.usacitizenships.com or call (888) 940-0044 for consultation.